8/21/2007

So...life has been busy around here. Jacque and Erin left last Monday, and then I had a couple days with an empty room. I made no attempt to clean it, though, and the week flew by. Then Friday came, and I had to clean my room at least a little bit before Jessica came. She's here for until next Monday or Tuesday!

I haven't started school in earnest, but I've been busy packing up books and papers from last year. I've been doing some physics lessons and a little history in addition to practicing, but the packed schedule won't come for another week or so. I realized earlier today that the longer I put off starting school, the later I'll be working next spring. That means I graduate from high school a little later. :( But I think my recital is May 3, so mark your calendars, everyone! One of the pieces I'll be playing is coming along pretty well, but the other one needs a lot of work.

Since I've decided to get out of bed before 9:00 tomorrow morning, I guess I'll be heading off to bed in fairly short order. God bless!

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." ~~Ps. 63:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on here in ages!

So May 3, eh? Why, my friend, would you ever schedule your senior recital for your birthday? ;) I will do my best to be there, though it seems like the odds are more than slightly NOT in my favor. :( Unfortunately, my cousin scheduled her wedding for sometime in May as well, and I don't know how Mom will feel about driving all the way out to Kansas one week, back the next, and out to Vermont the next week. And it is the first wedding in her family, so we're all pretty much required to be there. :( It's so dissapointing, because I really, really wanted to be at your recital! And then to further complicate everything, May 3rd is also the date of our homeschool group graduation back in Kansas, and Dad and Mom wanted me to be part of the graduation ceremony. It's always a big deal for our group... everyone wears a cap and gown, they play the processional, the parents go up and give a speech and present the daughter or son with their diploma, someone gives a charge to all of the graduates, they play the recessional, and then they have a fancy reception afterwards. And all the graduates have tables and guestbooks and all that hoopla....

*sigh* I wish life didn't have to be so complicated.

Any ideas?
What time were you planning to have your recital?